Le Golf National, near Paris, host of the 2018 Ryder Cup, has been recognised for its role in advancing sustainable business practices within the golf industry by earning the GEO Certified® mark. The international symbol signifies Le Golf National’s excellent value to nature and communities and efficient use of natural resources.
Le Golf National’s highlights of contributions for nature and people:
- 40 hectares – 30% of the site – are dedicated to grassland habitat and the area of unmaintained rough has increased to improve habitat connection.
- Significant reduction in maintained turfgrass areas to enhance shrubs, wetlands, and other natural areas critical to wildlife protection
- More than 50 beehives surrounded by planted wildflower areas
- Biological pest control and compost teas used on fairways
- Investment in water efficiency with new storage reservoir, irrigation system and sustainable drainage installation over the next two years
- Strong, mutually beneficial community links including long-term local business relationships
- A free practice facility for school students available during parts of the day
- Winners of the first Generali Trophees du Sport Responsable in the golf category of 2012
- Inclusive golf atmosphere that promotes golf for a wide range of players through a diverse offering of golf courses