The popular La Manga Club International Pro-Am will return for its third edition from 15-17 February in 2016 as up to 30 teams will contest a prize-fund of €20,000*.
The Pro-Am announcement comes at the end of an outstanding year for Spain’s La Manga Club, As well as the opening of a new Leadbetter Golf Academy – the only one of its kind in the country – the resort was named ‘Best Golf Hotel in Spain’ at the 2015 World Golf Awards for the second year in a row, voted ‘Spain’s Best Golf Resort’ at the 2015 Today’s Golfer Travel Awards for the fourth year running and earned a place in Golf World’s benchmark ‘Top 100 Courses in Continental Europe 2015/16’ rankings.
Eduardo Ruiz, director of golf at La Manga Club, said: “As one of the world’s most famous sports and leisure destination resorts in the world, it is imperative that La Manga Club continues to stage prestigious events of this nature.
“We have been delighted with the response we’ve received having hosted the pro-am for the last two years and are looking forward to working with the PGAs of Europe again, and showcasing to professionals and amateurs the outstanding golf and practice facilities that have made the resort the envy of Europe over the years.”
The 2015 Pro-Am was won by the PGA of Great Britain & Ireland’s Darren Bragg after a final round three-under par 70 earned him his first PGAs of Europe event win.
Pro-Am packages for teams of one professional and three amateurs are available priced from €1099 per amateur (free for professionals), but golfers can take advantage of an early booking offer of €1049 when booking before 15th December. The Pro-Am participation fee for amateurs includes:
- 4 nights’ twin-share accommodation at 5* Hotel La Manga Club Príncipe Felipe (14th – 17th February 2015 inclusive)
- Buffet breakfast
- 3 Pro-Am rounds (2 rounds on South Course, 1 round on North Course. 15th, 16th & 17th February 2016)
- 1 official practice round (1 round on South Course. 14th February 2016)
- Practice balls
- Welcome reception (14th February 2016)
- Light lunch on 4 tournament days
- Gala dinner & prize-giving ceremony (17th February 2016)
- Professional prize fund of €20,000 (*based on 20 teams entering)