The Professional Golfers’ Association of Slovenia or PGAS was established in 1993. The same year the Association became a member of The Professional Golfers’ Association of Europe (PGAs of Europe).
Members of the Association are professional golf teachers, assistants, trainees, professional golf players and amateurs who help the organization with their administrative, technical and educational skills.
Our members currently work in Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland, Norway, Spain and Belarus. PGAS works in accordance with the member’s rules set by the PGAs of Europe.
Our Association pursues the following main targets:
- Education of members
- Education of amateurs
- Junior golf
- Development of golf in Slovenia
The purpose and the goals of the Association are:
- Education and professional development of golf teachers, players and all other members in Slovenia
- Cooperation and connection with Golf Association of Slovenia, with the Faculty of Sports at the University of Ljubljana and with the owners and managers of golf courses & golf clubs at home and abroad; cooperation with other associations from all over the world and close connection to PGAs of Europe
- Education of amateur golfers in Slovenia
- Organisation and management of competitions for professionals and amateurs
- Popularisation golf as a basic sport branch and of healthy lifestyle along with physical activities
- Development and consolidation of ethical values of the game of golf,
- Integration of the Association with similar entities in Slovenia and abroad
- Development of golf in Slovenia as a competitive and recreational sport activity with the emphasis on the development and popularisation of Junior golf
- Accomplishment of the goals and the decisions of the Association’s governing bodies