- Club/Employer Name: Monte Rei Golf & Country Club
- Club/Employer Website: monte-rei.com
- Job Title: Trainee / Assistant Golf Professional
- Location: Algarve, Portugal
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: To Be Discussed
Trainee Golf Professional, Monte Rei Golf & Country Club
A fantastic opportunity for a male, or a female candidate to join a 1st class team at an exclusive resort in the Algarve. The role is open to all candidates that have German, or French language skills and that are preferably in their 1st, or 2nd year of PGA training. Successful applicants must be enthusiastic, motivated and keen to learn and will receive first-class training in all areas of retail, golf services and coaching.
Contact Darren Griffiths with full CV at email@example.com.
- To assist in the delivery of all golf related services to the highest possible standards for Golfers and Visitors within Monte Rei.
- Role working daily within the golf operation, retail store and golf reception.
- Assist the Head Professional in providing golf specific knowledge and experience to the Monte Rei team.
- To represent the Monte Rei brand at all times; during daily tasks, PGA training program, tournaments and within the region.
- Assist the Head Professional in the delivery of all golf tuition to the highest standard.
- Complete the PGA training program at a level that represents the individual and the company brand.
- The Trainee Golf Professional will report to the Director of Golf.
Key Job Requirements
- Bag drop & Valet Parking
- Locker Room attendant / Shoe Cleaning
- Golf Cart presentation
- Golf Cart amenities (pitch fork, tees, water, ice cooler, 3D Course Guide, towels)
- Escort to Range
- Provision of Range balls
- Club Cleaning, divot filling and ball collection on Range
- Set up and presentation of practice facilities
- Collection and escort to 1st Tee, Starter services / communication
- Drinks Buggy service / communication (liaise with F&B Manager)
- Half Way House services (Academy Café)
- Iced towels refreshment
- Greeting on completion of round
- Souvenir personalize Monte Rei Bag Tag
- Club Cleaning service
- Clubs returned to car
- Provision of Rental Equipment
- Provision of golf tuition
Retail Operations/Food and Beverage/Reservations:
- To assist when necessary within the pro shop / golf reception team.
- To take reservations, process payments and open and close the store.
- Become acquainted with the Members and Owners of residences at Monte Rei.
- To support the Director of Golf with the provision of a suitable Tournament calendar.
- To liaise daily with Agronomy staff to ensure the correct communication of course conditions to golfers, and of patterns of play to the greenstaff.
Real Estate Sales:
- To remain familiar with property development, and property sales initiatives at all times.
- To participate in sales initiatives where requested, and to entertain prospective clients on the golf course when requested.
Tuition / Golf Academy:
- To completed the PGA training program and develop a teaching style to meet the demands of Monte Rei´s clients.
- To remain up-to-date with the highest industry standards for the provision of tuition.
The role is open to all candidates that have German, or French language skills and that are preferably in their 1st, or 2nd year of PGA training. Successful applicants must be enthusiastic, motivated and keen to learn and will receive first-class training in all areas of retail, golf services and coaching.
- Well presented
- Fast Learner
- Understanding of different working cultures
- Highly Motivated
- Excellent Communicator
- Meticulous attention to detail
- German, or French language skills
Where to Apply
To apply send a CV and covering letter to Darren Griffiths at firstname.lastname@example.org.