- Job Title: PGA Assistant Professional / Golf Operations
- Locations willing to work: Europe
- Salary Expectation: £15-20k
- Current Position: Assistant Golf Manager
- IT literate with a wide range of skills developed through IT qualifications at both GCSE and AS level.
- Fully Conversant in Microsoft Office, Adobe Flash player, Acrobat and Pro Desktop, as well as relevant club booking systems.
- Maintain and update information on the Golf section of the Branston Golf & Country club website.
Organisation & Communication
- Day to day management of dealing with telephone and email enquiries efficiently.
- Professionally handling customer bookings including corporate and private golf days, such as booking tee times, arranging catering and buggy requirements.
- Personable, engaging and approachable manner when maintaining good relationships with customers and members alike and colleagues throughout the different functions.
- Organise and communicate a monthly rota for the golf staff in the pro shop that works effectively with staff’s availability and suits the needs of the business.
- Have an ASQ Level 2 Golf Coaching Certificate.
- Capable of conducting a full custom fitting session, using skills gained from the PGA golf studies degree.
- Experience in assisting a qualified PGA Professional in ‘adult beginner coaching’ groups and junior groups, including local schools, to encourage an interest in new golfers and potential future members.
- Took part in the National Competition Young Enterprise, in which fellow students and I started a company called ‘Qualitea’. Gained experience in writing business and marketing plans and was also part of a marketing team that organised multiple fundraisers for the company.
- Consistently achieving KPI targets for new members, greenfees and buggy sales. Recognising 5-7 customer enquiries a week as an average to achieve.
- Organising monthly greenfee targets for the year ahead considering realistic figures based on previous years, whilst factoring in a healthy increase to compensate for inflation.
- Won Employee of the Month at Branston Golf & Country club. This was due to my commitment and flexibility to my job role, stepping up in my head professional’s absence, achieving targets and general positivity and enthusiasm.
2013 – 2018 University of Birmingham/Professional Golfers Association
FdSc Professional Golf Studies (PGA Qualified)
2011 – 2012 De Ferrers Academy – Sixth Form
AS Levels: IT, Business Studies, Physical Education and Product Design
2006 – 2011 De Ferrers Academy – Secondary School
13 GCSE’s A*- C inc English, Maths, IT, Physical Education and Business Studies
Mar 2017 – Present Assistant Golf Manager, Branston Golf & Country Club
- Experience in sales and KPI’s when selling of memberships, greenfees and buggies to hit monthly targets.
- Supported the Golf Manager in annual budgets and forecasts.
- Since starting my new role I have secured 76 corporate golf days and society bookings. This includes, but is not limited to; converting initial booking enquiries, creating event forms and invoices, arranging relevant function rooms and liaising with our food and beverage department on meals, organising scorecards and results, taking part in beat the pro competitions and the running of the corporate days when required.
- Creating reports to show green fee sales, membership sales, weekly rounds, driving range sales and shop sales for comparison against targets and previous years performance.
- Continued to support the head professional with his group coaching, as well as completing some private one to one coaching by myself.
- Working an average 32 hours in the Golf office/shop.
Oct 2012 – Feb 2017 Assistant PGA Golf Professional, Branston Golf; Country Club
- Worked with the head professional and director of golf for a year before starting my PGA, completing the day to day running of the pro shop.
- Working an average of 30 hours in the pro shop, managing direct enquiries, tee time bookings, running a range of competitions and selling goods in the shop as well as routine stock takes. All of which have helped me develop my customer service and retail skills.
- Supported the head professional further with his group coaching, which included demonstrating and giving coaching points to players.
- Worked on the club’s annual Kerry Cup, a corporate day we hold for our members, customers and suppliers every year. My role included marketing the event, booking rooms and meals with our food and beverage department as well the running of the competition on the day.
May 2010 Golf Professional Shop, Burton upon Trent Golf Club
- Worked in the shop selling goods, running competitions for the members, and supported the organisation and running of the pro-am that took place in that week.
- Performed several club repairs and re grips for members.
- Saw first-hand the role of a PGA Professional and the high-level customer service that is required.
Date able to start