- Job Title: Golf Operations / Events Manager
- Locations willing to work: Asia, Middle East
- Salary Expectation: GBP 3,000 / month
- Current Position: N/A
A highly enthusiastic and approachable individual seeking to forward a career alongside people with the same passion for success.
An ability to work under pressure, whilst maintaining the utmost attention to detail. Dependable, hardworking, organised, and a positive mind set are just a few of the keys factors relative to my personality.
- University of Birmingham (PGA National Training Academy, The Belfry)
- Awarded Foundation Degree in Arts (Professional Golf Studies)
Event Management Team at IMG (International Management Group)
Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship 2017 – European Tour. November 2016 – February 2017.
- Fully accountable for the organisation and execution of the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship Pro-Am & Sponsors Golf Day. Working closely with the European Tour, Abu Dhabi Sports Council, Event Sponsors & Suppliers to bring new ideas and activations to elevate both events over previous year.
- Planning and executing pre tournament activations / competitions.
- Liaising with suppliers for tournament orders in a timely fashion.
- Assisting with day-to-day pre tournament set up & post tournament breakdown.
Also involved in the organisation & execution of the HSBC Golf Day in Doha, Qatar. Jobs including: event schedule, professional schedule, merchandise, catering, branding & pre tournament set up.
Golf Events Manager at Abu Dhabi Golf Club, Abu Dhabi, UAE. (Managed by Troon Golf)
Home of European Tour Event - Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship. January 2015 – July 2016.
- Creating client proposals to include Golf, F&B, Merchandise & added value offerings.
- Successfully negotiating contracts to provide profitable tournaments & events.
- Developing and maintaining positive contacts and clients from previous events / future events to ensure repeat / new business.
- Creating sponsorship opportunities for various events / fulfilling sponsorship requirements.
- Producing accurate P&L accounts for all tournaments & events.
- Responsible for planning, assigning and directing work to associates.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Tournament Coordinator position duties, as per below, are still carried with the highest attention to detail.
- Day to day management of golf operations - producing 63,000 rounds annually.
- Overseeing a team of 22 operations staff, including outside operations, reception, etc.
- Daily, weekly & monthly reporting including – daily sales, rounds tracking, operation reports, rounds mix, MTD & YTD revenue trackers.
Work Placement at The Els Club Teluk Datai, Langkawi, Malaysia. (Managed by Troon Golf)
June – July 2015.
- Golf Operations training across a team of 18 associates – implementing Troon Standards and SOP’s throughout each department.
- Day to day management of the Golf Operations, including the Golf Shop.
Tournament Coordinator at Abu Dhabi Golf Club, Abu Dhabi, UAE. (Managed by Troon Golf)
September 2012 – December 2014.
- Coordinating each tournament or event from the initial planning stages until the completion of event – includes: Corporate Events, Open Events & Members Events.
- Generating monthly calendar of events for management review. Maintaining accurate detailed records for all groups and tournaments.
- Preparing and distributing information pertaining to tournaments.
- Monitoring business volume forecast and planning accordingly for manpower, productivity, cost and other expenses.
- Tee Sheet management – EZ Links – Tee sheet templates, rates, seasonal schedules, etc.
Date able to start