- Club/Employer Name: PGAs of Europe
- Club/Employer Website: pgae.com
- Job Title: Communications Manager
- Location: Hunters Lodge, The Belfry, UK
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: To Be Discussed
The PGAs of Europe are looking for a Communications Manager to work with the Association for a fixed-term 1-year period, commencing early 2019, to manage its ongoing communications and marketing activity.
The candidate will undertake a variety of duties, taking responsibility for the day-to-day management of the website, social media presences, and digital magazine, across the Association’s areas of business. They will look after the general content creation and curation across both digital and non-digital platforms/communities.
Job Title: Communications Manager
Report to: Director of Communications & Marketing
Job Purpose: Managing the Association’s communications and marketing activity
Key Areas: Communications & Marketing
Term: Full-time, fixed term, 1-year
The Communications Manager will be required to assist, and in some cases manage, the following areas:
- Daily workload assistance to the Director of Communications & Marketing.
- Content creation and aggregation – news/feature articles.
- Website & Social Media updating, reporting, and content creation.
- Content creation/curation for the Association’s digital magazine, International Golf Pro News.
- Tournament/event promotion (Pre-, during-, and post-event).
- Strategic planning of communications.
- Assisting with the Association’s corporate identity and brand management.
- Assisting with Corporate Partner communication and activation plan rollout.
- Working across PGAs of Europe, Ryder Cup European Development Trust and Golf & Health Project brands.
- Communications-based projects – for example:
- Annual Review publication.
- Research and content generation surrounding the Association’s Member Countries.
- Website infrastructure strategy/planning.
The Communications Manager may be required to travel outside of the United Kingdom so must have a passport that is valid for travel within the EU during that time. They must also have a valid driving license and/or method of travelling to and from the PGAs of Europe’s headquarters at The Belfry Golf Club, UK.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills [English language].
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of golf/sport.
- Knowledge of Mac OS X, iOS, Windows systems, Office suite software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Communications/marketing experience.
- Understanding and experience of using various communications/marketing software/applications/platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress, Buffer, Google Analytics, Mailchimp).
- Understanding and experience of using design software packages (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, iMovie).
- Understanding and experience of using film and imagery devices (e.g. video cameras, imaging cameras/DSLRs, smartphone/tablet computers).
- Experience of working with other cultures and languages.
- European language.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Self-starting individual with experience of taking responsibility and accountability.
- A confident, calm and professional manner with a positive and proactive approach and passion for working in a dynamic, flexible and multi-faceted sports environment.
- A keen eye for attention to detail.
- Must be able to deliver accurate work within established deadlines.
- A flexible approach to working hours and tasks.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
Where to Apply
To apply please send a current CV and covering letter to Aston Ward - firstname.lastname@example.org.