As part of the Golf Europe group, the PGAs of Europe is proud to support the European Week of Sport taking place from 7th – 13th September across the continent.
The European Week of Sport (EWoS) aims to promote sport and physical activity across Europe. The Week is for everyone, regardless of age, background or fitness level. With a focus on grassroots initiatives, it will inspire Europeans to #BeActive on a regular basis and create opportunities in peoples’ everyday lives to exercise more.
Golf Europe is coordinating a variety of activities related to EWoS and the #BeActive campaign, including free lessons from PGA of Belgium Professionals in nets and on synthetic greens at The Square in Brussels as part of the European Commission’s multi-sport exhibition.
Along with this activity each of the days has a theme relating to the overall message of the week:
- Monday 7th – The week will be officially opened by the Commissioner for Sport, Tibor Navrascs, and EWoS ambassadors.
- Tuesday 8th – FOCUS DAY: Education.
- Wednesday 9th – FOCUS DAY: Social inclusion, and Flagship event.
- Thursday 10th – FOCUS DAY: Workplaces– inviting businesses to take part in a team putting competition.
- Friday 11th – FOCUS DAY: Outdoors.
- Saturday 12th – Club & fitness centre focus and the opportunity to communicate the benefits of joining a club such as members becoming more active, creating a social network, healthy living, and promoting an active and outdoor lifestyle.
There are a wide range of activities for various sports and activities taking place across Europe not just for the week but until the end of September 2015. EWoS will also return during September each year ensuring the message of promoting participation in sport and physical activity and the benefits of both continues in years to come.