- Club/Employer Name: PGA of Great Britain & Ireland (South West)
- Club/Employer Website: www.pga.info
- Job Title: Tournament Controller
- Location: Woodbury Park Hotel & Golf Club, Exeter, UK
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: TBD
The PGA wishes to appoint a Tournament Controller to be responsible for the detailed planning, organization and staging of Regional PGA Tournaments.
Based at the offices of The PGA in England & Wales (South West), The Lodge House, Woodbury Park Hotel & Golf Club, Woodbury Castle, Woodbury, Exeter, Devon and reporting to the Secretary, The PGA in England & Wales (South West), you will be responsible for the delivery, organisation and staging of PGA Tournaments throughout South Wales, Somerset, Devon and Cornwall. The role includes performing the duties as a Rules Official. When not at an event you will be based in the office at Woodbury Park and assist with general day to day administration, including compiling draws and competitor information and distributing appropriate material to both event staff and competitors. You will assist with telephone and email enquiries and input information on the tournament management database system. You will assist other members of the tournament administration team as and when required.
This is a permanent, full-time role working around the core hours of the business which are 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday. When working at Tournaments the working hours will be significantly longer and will include some weekends and Bank Holidays.
The PGA offers an excellent package including a company car, company pension and, after a
qualifying period, private health insurance.
To apply please register your interest initially be requesting an application pack from Dawn Sales, HR and Health & Safety Advisor: email email@example.com. The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Thursday, 1 June 2017 and interviews are expected to take place during mid-June at the offices of The PGA in England & Wales (South West), Woodbury Park Hotel & Golf Club.
To fulfil the requirements of this role you must be able to demonstrate that you:
- are a knowledgeable, enthusiastic golfer who plays to a high standard with a good understanding of the structure of Professional Golf;
- have a good knowledge of the Rules of Golf – ideally have passed the PGA or R&A examination on the Rules of Golf;
- have previous experience in running PGA Tournaments, or similar;
- hold a full, clean driving licence;
- have excellent IT skills, including database management;
- have strong written and oral communication skills including confident presentation and customer care skills;
- have previously worked in golf and/or the sports industry;
- are self-confident, self-motivated, a good team worker and leader of small teams;
- possess the ability to make swift informed decisions, often under pressure and in high profile environments;
- have the ability to work to and understand strict budgets, policies and procedures.
Where to Apply
To apply please register your interest initially be requesting an application pack from Dawn Sales, HR and Health & Safety Advisor: email firstname.lastname@example.org.