- Job Title: PGA Professional/Coaching/Golf Management/Operations Manager
- Locations willing to work: Southern Spain
- Salary Expectation: £25,000
- Current Position: Assistant PGA Professional
I am a highly enthused and committed individual with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills who works well within a team. I am an individual that uses a logical and methodical approach to achieve tasks and objectives. I have the ability to identify and develop new opportunities, whilst being innovative in meeting targets, and retaining high integrity and social awareness.
I have very strong sales, planning, organising and monitoring capabilities. I am determined and decisive, using initiative and enthusiasm to meet and resolve challenges.
With a substantial amount of experience and training gained in a successful business, I am looking for an exciting opportunity to use these experiences and proficiencies in a busy and forward-thinking Golf facility whilst developing my sales skills and business management.
2016-Present The Open University
BA (Honours) Business and Management
2013-2016 The University of Birmingham
Professional Golf Studies FdSc
High class, unique programme, accredited by The PGA that has enabled me to develop:
- Competence in delivering effective Equipment Technology skills including specialised custom fitting as well as repairing and building golf clubs.
- Competence in developing golf coaching sessions covering all aspects of the game, using the very latest techniques and technology.
- Excellent understanding of the rules of golf.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of Sports Science within golf, including assessing injuries, the causes of injuries and injury prevention, Nutrition, the mind aspects of the game etc.
- Expertise in all aspects of business management including marketing, budgeting, retailing, advertising, financing and invoicing.
2010-2011 Babcock International Group
- NVQ Level 2 in customer service
2007-2009 City College Norwich
- BTEC National Award in Construction Level 3 (Merit)
2002-2007 Cromer High School
- GCSE’s: English Language (C), English Literature (C), Maths (C), Science Double Award (C, C), Geography (C), Art & Design (C)
- Full Driving Licence
- ASQ Level 2 Certificate in Golf Coaching (2013)
- Foresight GC2 Trained (2015)
- First Aid in the Workplace (2017)
- Nutrition and Hydration in Golf (2012)
- Microsoft Office Applications
- DBS Certificate (2017)
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children (2017)
- Long Term Athlete Development (2012)
- Currently taking Spanish lessons
Royal Cromer Golf Club
Fully Qualified PGA Assistant Club Professional
Company Operation: Responsible for providing a comprehensive service to the members and visitors of the golf club including the marketing and promotion of services available.
- The Golf Shop; liaising with suppliers, Agents and Representatives, stock control, merchandising and customer orders.
- Support the Head Professional in organisation and instruction of the Golf Academy; member clinics & individual lessons, junior coaching, simulator/video analysis & club fitting.
- Maintain EPOS till system; safeguard stock levels on all key products, sales are recorded and members accounts updated, ensure Green Fees have been collated correctly.
- Creating marketing strategies for the business actively seeking new customers.
- Developing good working relationships with current and helping new customers/members integrate into the Club.
- Organising competitions and events.
- Controlling tee bookings and managing society days.
- Arranging charity golf days for large parties which includes, sourcing and arranging sponsorship from local businesses to raise money.
- Advertising and promoting the golf club with the use of social media and emails to increase membership and visitors.
- Coordinating and carrying out junior coaching sessions at local schools to promote the game of golf and encourage new young members to the golf club.
- Organising golf holidays for members, which includes delivering group and individual coaching sessions.
- Assisting in increasing the Pro Shops turnover by more than £90,000 in 5 years.
- Assisting in increasing the clubs green fee income from £150,000 a year to more than £250,000 in the space of 5 years.
- Forging a good working environment for colleagues, whilst creating an upbeat atmosphere for members and visitors of the club.
- Instrumental in increasing the overall playing membership of the club by 15% in 5 years.
- Developing systems and implementing to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business.
- Organising coaching holidays abroad for members over the past 6 years.
- Part of a team who pushed Royal Cromer Golf Course into the UK top 100.
Date able to start