- Job Title: PGA Golf Instructor / Assistant Manger
- Locations willing to work: Worldwide
- Salary Expectation: Depending on the job type, but very flexible when it comes to salary
- Current Position: PGA Golf Instructor/ Assistant Manger
CVH Professional Golf
Throughout my professional career, I have successfully developed my coaching business, providing tuition for all levels of golf enthusiasts, the beginner, the club player and the professional.
I have introduced golf into local schools which has been well received and now forms part of their sports curriculum.
Working with my local authority I developed a training programme to assist disable people to assess golf, extremely rewarding completing this programme
Mid Kent Golf Club, Singlewell Road, Gravesend, Kent DA11 7RB
- Private lessons for all ages and abilities
- Outreach programme to local community centres
- Designed and Introduced coaching programme for the lady’s teams and junior team
- Teaching golf in local schools golf with Tri golf
- Current Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Points: 180
- Assistant manger
- Driving and maximising the sales and profitability to achieve growth for Mid Kent GC
- Organising, preparing and arranging promotional materials and displays
- Maintaining accurate statistical and financial records.
- Creating a combination of real value for money and outstanding customer service
- First Aider
Maytime Active Orpington Golf Centre
Cray Ruxley, Sandy Lane, Orpington BR5 3HY
- Private lessons all ages and abilities, coaching days, golf programmes to include young children, teenagers, mentally and physically disabled
- Working in the Pro shop dealing with customers
- Introduced new product lines
- Sale Promotions
- Reconciliation of daily sales and cash credits
- ESP till systems- taking incoming calls, outgoing calls, booking tee times, stock knowledge and general retail duties
- Health and Safety requirements
- First Aider
Qualifications from 2012- presents
- PGA Foundation Degree - 2016
- PGA Director of Golf (Stage One) - 2016
- PGA Level 2 golf coaching - 2014
- PGA Level 1 golf coaching - 2013
- Motocaddy qualified repair engineer
- Active kids for all-inclusive community training programme
- PGA Level 2 golf coaching
- Ping fitting training
- Golf coach first aid
- Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) number- 1007612024
Myerscough Golf Academy 2010-2012
- Sponsored by Golf England for the ASSE programme
- Played throughout Europe in team and individual events
- Won The Amateur Castellón Masters in Spain
- Myerscough Golf Academy Student of the year
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma Golf Studies
- Wildernesses School for Boys
- BETEC sports level 2 first diploma- C - (4-gcse)
- OCR BETEC ICT level 2 national first award –C (2-gcse)
- Additional 8 GCSE
I have been in my current role, Head Assistant Golf Professional for the past four years, registered with the PGA I have successfully completed my PGA Foundation Degree. The knowledge and experience I have gained through my degree course has provided the skills to perform the many duties and responsibilities contained within this position.
Over the four-year period of being a professional golfer, I have work at two golf courses and have implemented many changes to maximise the efficient running of the pro shop and the promotion of new services to both existing members and various incentive packages to attract new membership.
As I have gained knowledge and skills associated with custom club fitting, I can now able to offer a full custom club fitting and repair service, an area I particularly enjoy as I build a closer relationship with my customers.
Coaching now forms a large part of my daily role, I gain great satisfaction from seeing my students progressing with their golfing abilities. The majority of my students have continued with my coaching over the past two years and it demonstrates their satisfaction in the methods I use and the confidence with their golf they have gained.
I consider myself a highly motivated individual, a team player, outward going at the same time having the ability to listen to others while making sure I meet the business objectives.
In applying for this position I believe I bring the experience and knowledge gained through my professional degree, both in the science of golf and the ever changing business requirements needed in today’s golfing world. I am always continually working on new ideas to enhance the golfing experience.
Date able to start