- Job Title: Director of Golf
- Locations willing to work: Worldwide
- Salary Expectation: $70,000 pa
- Current Position: Communications & Operations Director, Clubface-golf.com
An accomplished, tenacious, and highly experienced Golf Club Manager, with an extensive background in international club management and professional coaching.
Possesses a proven aptitude for increasing membership through engagement, support, and continuous improvement in the membership experience.
Financially astute, with expertise in managing high-yield operations and increasing revenue.
Recognised as a successful and knowledgeable leader who can motivate teams to achieve results in line with corporate objectives.
Confident managing marketing and business development activities, as well as developing innovative strategic plans.
Commercially focused and committed to service excellence.
Consistently delivers projects within demanding budgets and deadlines.
Combines a comprehensive understanding of the golf industry with a strong work ethic and the ability to rise to a challenge.
Golf Club Manager: Jun 2015 - Jun 2017
Le Meridien Ibom Hotel and Golf Resort, Nigeria
- Holding full accountability for all golfing operations at an internationally renowned resort
- Providing strong leadership and direction across a team of 12, including food and beverage staff, Golf Pros, the Caddy Master, and pro shop staff
- Managing the relationship with an external contractor, Jardin Nigeria, to ensure they meet the required standard for work and maintenance on the course
- Liaising extensively with the Head Chef to develop menus and manage the food and beverage offering within the club house
- Building relationships with existing members to motivate them to recruit new members, with expat communities to gain their support for events, and with the State Government
- Aligning the golf operation with the wider resort brand, implementing formal training for the Pros and the shop staff to improve the delivery and perception of the Starwood brand
- Overseeing a complete restructure of the golf offering, including staffing and operational systems, which achieved a 60% increase in membership
- Increasing F&B turnover by 25% by increasing prices and offering a generous discount to members, which also increased the value of their membership
- Relaunching the golf offering, including establishing the Ibom Academy to formalise coaching and highlight the club’s coaching provision
- Improving the member experience and increasing recruitment and retention by increasing social activities, formalising a competition schedule, introducing the Captain role and improving communications through newsletters and social media, resulting in a 30% increase in participation
Club Manager: Mar 2014 – May 2015
Leamington and County Golf Club, UK
- Spearheading the day-to-day operation of a private members’ club, with full responsibility for the golf course and the club house as well as the overall golf offering
- Leading a team of 15 multidisciplinary staff, ensuring strong and professional performance throughout the club
- Redeveloping the 2014 marketing plan and drafting the 2015 plan from scratch
- Improving communication and operational efficiency by successfully restructuring the club’s management system
- Identifying weaknesses in the existing IT systems and implementing a modernisation programme, which increased efficiency, improved communication, and eliminated reliance on paper-based systems
- Significantly improving morale and motivation across the team, resulting in a better member experience and more positive working environment
- Drafting and implementing a membership recruitment and retention plan aimed at retaining people participating in the golf development programme
- Creating and implementing an action plan that resulted in two new holes being introduced to the course
Date able to start