- Club/Employer Name: PGA of Great Britain & Ireland
- Club/Employer Website: www.pga.info
- Job Title: Content Writer & PR Coordinator (Fixed-Term)
- Location: PGA National Headquarters, The Belfry, UK
- Job Type: Temporary
- Salary: TBD
Are you a dynamic and experienced writer, with a love of sport? Interested in joining a leading Membership Association with a strong history and heritage? The Professional Golfers’ Association (The PGA) is seeking a Content Writer & PR Coordinator (fixed-term) to join their Media, Marketing & Communications team.
Reporting to the Head of Media, Marketing & Communications you will be digitally savvy, a team player and a great all-rounder, with experience of reporting at all levels – be that covering high profile events or promoting the work of grass roots professionals. You will be equally at home writing great copy as you are shooting video, using online publishing platforms and interacting with our brand advocates on social media. As well as being an excellent writer, you will also have experience in editing submitted copy and page production.
As well as providing support to its Members, The Professional Golfers’ Association (The PGA) educate and train PGA Professionals to degree level with the very latest skills and expertise to operate in all areas of golf. The PGA also has a prominent role in growing and promoting the game through initiatives with other leading golf bodies.
The successful candidate will carry out the following:
- Researching and writing articles for distribution via PGA in-house channels;
- Copy-editing and proofing articles;
- Video content origination and editing;
- Proactive third-party media engagement to promote PGA activities to members, consumers and key business influencers;
- Utilising Click Dimensions software to develop marketing emails for PGA initiatives;
- Attending designated tournaments and events in the role of press officer and creating content for both live and post-event coverage via defined channels;
- Supporting the delivery of The PGA social media communications;
- Ensuring that editorial and copy standards are brand compliant and support the PGA “nine principles” in terms of reflecting PGA interests as an organization and those of individual members and the wider golf industry.
This appointment is fixed-term for six-months. Whilst the core hours of the business are 35 hours per week (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday), candidates should be willing to work flexible hours including some weekends and evenings. Candidates should possess a full-clean driving licence as frequent travel, mainly in the UK, is an integral requirement of the role.
To apply please register your interest initially by requesting an application pack from Dawn Sales, HR and Health & Safety Advisor - email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Tuesday, 30 May and interviews will be held at PGA National Headquarters.
In order to fulfil this role the ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to write in a variety of different styles both for on-line and print mediums;
- Have proven organisational and administrative ability;
- Have excellent IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, Photo Editor, WordPress and Shorthand Social;
- Demonstrate the ability to film/record and edit basic video and radio packages;
- Have experience of utilizing Content Management Systems (desirable, though not essential);
- Have a sound knowledge of the game of golf.
- Be methodical and organised with the ability to plan and work to non-negotiable deadlines.
Where to Apply
To apply please register your interest initially by requesting an application pack from Dawn Sales, HR and Health & Safety Advisor: email firstname.lastname@example.org.