- Job Title: Club Professional
- Locations willing to work: Spain, Portugal
- Salary Expectation: 20,000-30,000
- Current Position: Caddy
Over the last few years I have extended and consolidated my knowledge and experience in retail, custom fitting & equipment technology, merchandising, customer services, basic accountancy, golf coaching, club repairs, marketing, email campaigning, website management, and committee liaison.
All these stages have added to my career in golf and where I am at today as I continue to build a reputation based on reliability, honesty, and a high level of professionalism.
BA Psychology, BSc Hons Applied golf Management, PGA Qualified
Caddy, Muirfield /Renaissance 2016 -2017
• Caddy – Caddied for members and guests of Renaissance and visitors to Muirfield
PGA Club Professional, Brodick Golf Club, Isle of Arran 2013 – 2015
• Starter and tee sheet management – Responsible for the timely management of the first tee at all times including all registration duties and the collection of all green fee income and monies from competition play. Utilising the BRS booking system and taking all casual day-to-day bookings.
• Green fee collection – Collection of all the green fee monies and preparation of the monies for banking. Utilising EPOS to create green fee reports breaking down the different green fee categories and package deals.
• Front of house – being the first point of contact and Around & About Ambassador to greet and interact with members, guests, and visitors whilst providing information and assistance as appropriate to ensure a friendly welcoming experience.
• Coaching – Provision of a full range of coaching services for all levels of ability including individual, group, and on course.
• Custom Fitting – Providing a good selection of brands for my customers and backed up with the ethos that everyone should be custom fitted through creation of relationships with suppliers and demo days/clinics
• Committee involvement – I sat on the Arran Golf Pass Committee, which held regular meetings and involved discussions on how to promote Golf on Arran
• Club Repair Service - A full club repair and club alteration service was provided. All repairs and alterations when possible were done in house.
• Fully Stocked Shop – I catered for all my customers needs with a fully stocked shop utilising the services of Europe’s largest buying group called Foremost Golf to ensure the best products were delivered.
• E-commerce- I provided members the ability to shop online via Foremost Click & Collect and through an Ebay Store, which was used to aid cash flow, and sell dead inventory during end of season sales.
• E-mail Marketing – As a member of Foremost there was a great weekly email sent out to all my customers providing information on new products, golfing stories, and tips. The pro shop was also responsible for the collecting and collating news for the clubs monthly newsletter.
• Membership Development – The pro shop was responsible for collecting and collating all in-house membership applications and monies and accounting for them within the monthly green fee report
PGA Assistant Professional, Hagley Golf Club, Birmingham June – December 2011
• Golf Foundation coaching - assisted the delivery of week long junior golf sessions
• Golf Foundation Junior Golf Festival - assisted in the running of school club link activity
• University junior Golf Festival - planned and implemented a university run junior golf festival called ‘First Mate Junior Golf Festival’
PGA Assistant Professional, Brandhall Golf Club, Birmingham June – December 2011
• Starter - responsible for tee bookings and competition starting times
• Finance - responsible for the collection and recording of all green fee monies, membership monies and processing of membership applications
• Club Repair Service - A full club repair and club alteration service was provided.
PGA Coach, American Golf, Queslett Park Driving Range, Birmingham July 2009 – Dec 2010
• Built up my own clientele for individual lessons
• Marketing and delivery of junior and beginner golf lessons – planned organised and supervised the various activities and training
• Extensive club repairs and alterations
• Focused custom fitting sessions
• Fast efficient shop sales to meet daily/monthly targets
Date able to start