- Club/Employer Name: PGA of Great Britain & Ireland
- Club/Employer Website: www.pga.info
- Job Title: Assistant Tournament Controller (Seasonal)
- Location: PGA National Tournaments Department, Coleshill, UK
- Job Type: Temporary
- Salary: TBD
Reporting to the Secretary, The PGA in England (Midlands), you will work principally with the Tournament Controllers in the delivery, organisation and staging of PGA Tournaments and Pro-Ams throughout the Midlands Region. The role includes performing the duties as a Rules Official.
When not at an event you will be based in the Office at Coleshill and assist with the general day to day administration, including compiling draws and competitor information and the distribution of appropriate material to both event staff and competitors.
You will assist with telephone and e.mail enquiries and input information on the tournament management database system. You will assist other members of the tournament administration team as and when required.
The working hours will include some weekends and Bank Holidays - consequently you will be away from home from time to time during the busy tournament season.
If you believe you have the necessary experience and qualifications you should submit your CV and a covering letter to: Dawn Sales, HR Administrator, PGA National Headquarters, The Belfry, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands B76 9PT or e-mail to email@example.com. The closing date is Wednesday, 29 March 2017 and interviews will be held at The PGA in England (Midlands), Coleshill on Friday 31 March 2017.
In order to fulfil this role the ideal candidates will:
- have excellent IT skills, including database management;
- have proven administration skills;
- have excellent communication skills;
- have an excellent customer service approach to tasks;
- have the ability to plan and prioritise their workload and meet numerous deadlines, including those of colleagues for whom they will be providing support;
- hold a full, clean driving licence;
- be self-motivated and a good team player;
- be a knowledgeable, enthusiastic golfer with a good understanding of the structure of professional golf, its traditions and values;
- have a good working knowledge of the Rules of Golf;
Where to Apply
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Dawn Sales, HR Administrator : firstname.lastname@example.org.