The 5th World Club Pro-Am will take place from the 24th February to 3rd March 2018, taking in some of the best courses South Africa has to offer.
Teams of one PGA Professional and three amateur golfers will battle it out over 90 holes of golf across four championship courses, with the top 60 Professionals playing for a prize fund of $120,000 and a minimum appearance fee of US$ 1,000, whilst amateurs will compete for R500,000-worth of prizes.
Elangeni & Maharani Hotel
Undoubtedly the brightest star on Durban's Golden Mile, the Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani hotel is a Durban beachfront landmark favoured by holidaymakers and business travellers alike.
Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani provides tastefully furnished, spacious and modern accommodation on Durban's famous beachfront. With a choice of 734 rooms, in a variety of formats from Standard Rooms to Executive Rooms there is something for everyone. For guests requiring extra space, a number of suites, Penthouses with private patios and four very luxurious Presidential Suites, are also on offer.
Each room is equipped with a number of amenities to enhance the comfort of your stay. These include free WiFi, air-conditioning, DStv (satelite), personal work stations and more. Added to this is the convenience of 24-hour room service, a porter service, and a wake-up facility.
For guests looking to truly relax in contemporary surroundings, few Durban accommodation choices can compete with the stylish sophistication of Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani. The hotel has three stunning heated swimming pools.
The hotel is home to several of Durban's most exciting restaurants and bars. Guests are presented with a wide range of dining options, from generous buffets, to traditional Japanese and Durban's exotic curries.
The Elangeni & Maharni is the official World Club ProAm tournament accommodation partner. All package accommodation refers to this hotel on a sharing basis = 2 rooms per 4 players.
Should you wish to upgrade to single or a suite herewith the details:
|Room Type||Upgrade fee pp for the week US$|
|SOUTHERN SUN ELANGENI & MAHARANI (4-STAR)|
|Elangeni / Maharani Suite||$2 830,00|
Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani
2017 Review - Houston Lands 2017 World Club Pro-Am
Entries for the 2018 World Club Pro-Am Are Open!
The tournament organisers invite all PGA Professionals to participate in the World Club Pro-Am. Together with their team of 3 amateur players, they represent their home Club in the Team World Championship. Simultaneously the Professional is playing for an individual world title and a share in the US$120 000 purse.
As well as the Amateur package details below, Professional Invitations include:
- Return flights to Durban, South Africa. Flights will be coordinated through the tournament organisers, should a Professional wish to forego this option, he/she will be given R7,500 (ZAR) on arrival in Durban as compensation in full & final settlement. (This only applies to Non South African entries)
- Prize Fund US$120 000 (with a minimum appearance fee of US$1000 if player finishes outside of prizes)
International Early Bird Special – USD$4125 per amateur player
Upon submission of your entry, the amateur participants are required to pay a non-refundable 20% of the fee.
Full Entry Price – USD$4995 per amateur player
This fee includes:
- All airport transfers in host city, South Africa
- 7 nights 4-star accommodation sharing (single supplement applies on request) – 5 star upgrade option is available on request
- Full personalised baggage master service for golf clubs
- Driving Range facilities
- Official practice round – voluntary on one of the courses by draw
- 90 holes of golf across 4 championship courses
- Green fees
- Golf carts / or caddies
- Breakfast daily
- Mid-round (halfway house) meal daily
- Luxury coach daily transportation to and from golf courses
- 5-star Welcome Banquet
- Tourism Function
- 5-star Gala Awards Banquet
- US$50 000 / R500 000 in prizes and gifts for amateurs (according to amateur rules)
- 2 x Hole-in-One luxury car prizes – one for the Amateur Golfer & one for the Professional Golfer
Excluded from Entry Fee:
- Return airfares & airport taxes
- Upgrade to single accommodation – to be announced shortly
- Upgrade to 5-star accommodation – to be announced shortly
- Visa applications & costs (most countries don’t require visas for South Africa)
- Personal extras
- Post round meals & drinks
- Spending money
- Option to extend your stay
- Flights (local & international)
- Airport transfers outside of group arrival days
The World Club Pro-Am has limited Early Bird entries per region – Get in early & enter as a team TODAY!!!! Should you require any further information or assistance please email: email@example.com.
The following is a provisional programme overview of the tournament week:
|24 February 2018||Saturday||Teams arrival / Registration & hotel check-in|
Welcome cocktail party
|25 February 2018||Sunday|
Course 1 & 2
|26 February 2018||Monday|
Course 1 & 2
|Tournament day 1|
|27 February 2018||Tuesday|
Course 1 & 2
|Tournament day 2|
|28 February 2018||Wednesday|
Course 3 & 4
|Tournament day 3|
|01 March 2018||Thursday|
Course 3 & 4
|Tournament day 4|
|02 March 2018||Friday|
Course 3 & 4
|Tournament day 5|
Gala awards banquet
|03 March 2018||Saturday||Teams check-out & departure|