The 2017 La Manga Club International Pro-Am will take place from 6th to 10th March with 20 Teams competing across the Spanish Resort’s acclaimed North and South Courses.
La Manga Club
La Manga Club is an unrivalled sports and leisure paradise which sits between the low hills that separate the Mediterranean from the Mar Menor Sea, just 20 minutes from Murcia airport and an hour from Alicante.
Set out over an area of some 560 hectares (approx. 1,400 acres), it enjoys a mild year-round Mediterranean climate and offers visitors a prestigious five-star hotel, luxury vacation apartments and extensive sports facilities, including three championship golf courses, a 28-court tennis centre and eight grass sports pitches. The resort is also home to innumerable leisure facilities, such as the 2,000m2 Spa La Manga Club with its 13 luxurious treatment rooms, comprehensive fitness centre and 25m indoor swimming pool; meeting, banqueting and incentive facilities, and more than 20 restaurants and bars.
As well as hosting both Davis and Fed Cup tennis matches, La Manga Club has signed a long-term deal to be the overseas training resort of the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) until 2016. It has also staged the Spanish Open golf championship and regularly attracts professional and international football teams to the first-class year-round training facilities which are also used by rugby and cricket sides.
As a result of more than 40 years of continued investment, innovation and commitment to excellence, La Manga Club is widely recognised as Spain’s flagship resort and as one of the finest sports and lifestyle destinations in the world. Evidence of this is provided by its numerous awards and accolades.
La Manga Club was the proud recipient of a 2013 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel website, for the facilities and service on offer at its five-star Hotel Principe Felipe. The resort has long been a staunch supporter of women’s golf, being the official overseas resort partner of the English Women’s Golf Association for three years as well as hosting the Ladies European Tour (LET) Qualifying School from 2009-12. La Manga Club is also the venue for the Ladies Murcia Open, an LET Access Series event, and regularly hosts top women’s amateur events and teams.
La Manga Club
Ctra. Atamaria s/n
30389 - Cartagena
2016 Review - Cort Claims First Sanctioned Event Title
The Championship course at La Manga Club, the South, is probably one of the fairest tests of golf one can find. At 6,499 metres from the White Tees, whilst being accepted as a top-calibre tournament course, it also provides a thorough test both for the scratch player and right across the handicap range.
Located in the centre of the valley, with wide palm-fringed fairways and water hazards that come into play on 15 of the 18 holes, the South Course holds few hidden dangers.
The many strategically positioned water hazards and bunkers will certainly punish any wayward shots. The front nine are particularly tough, with two par 3’s over 200 metres and some daunting par 4’s which will demand accurate driving between lakes and bunkers, requiring long irons or fairway woods to the green. The back nine, although shorter, has a number of intriguing dog-leg holes. Special attention should be given to both the 11th and 12th holes, which demand precise club selection to greens across water.
The large waste area on 14 will provide “food for thought” for most players, and is followed by the par 4 15th, which fully justifies its stroke 1 rating. The stream bordering the 16th Green feeds a lake protecting the front of the green, which will require 100% concentration from all golfers. The par 5 18th, with water on both sides of the fairway and a ravine just short of a well-protected green, will prove to be a particularly stern finish.
The South Course has been the venue for many major professional tournaments including Spanish Opens (both ladies’ and men’s), PGA Championships and Qualifying Schools for both the men’s and ladies’ European Tours. In addition, it is the firm favourite of many companies throughout the world as the perfect venue for their corporate events.
“If I had to choose one golf course to play before I die, it would be the South Course at La Manga.” Lord Deedes – Former editor of the Daily Telegraph
|Course Par||Total Length|
An undulating course sprawling between palm trees, lakes and ‘barrancas’. These natural storm gullies feature on all three golf courses and add an extra dimension to the game.
Slightly shorter than the South, with tighter fairways and larger greens, the North Course offers a different, yet no less challenging, round of golf. A feature of the greens, all built to USGA specification, is the amount of movement incorporated in them, none more so than the short Par 3, 2nd, which has three distinct plateaux – a great test of putting. Relying on precision rather than length, an added challenge is provided by the wide variety of water hazards and ‘barrancas’ that snake their way through the course.
This gem is sure to provide a stern test of shot making from golfers of all standards. A deft touch is also required on greens.
“I would like to thank the whole team at the resort for the service, it is a great pleasure to be here.” Jose María Olazábal, Professional Golfer
|Course Par||Total Length|
To enter download the entry form using the button below and submit to email@example.com.
- Four nights’ twin-share accommodation at five-star Hotel La Manga Club Príncipe Felipe (6th – 10th March 2017 inclusive)
- Buffet breakfast
- Three pro-am rounds (two rounds on South Course, one round on North Course. 7th, 8th and 9th March 2017)
- One official practice round (one round on South Course. 6th March 2017)
- Practice balls
- Welcome reception (6th March 2017)
- Light lunch on four tournament days
- Gala dinner and prize-giving ceremony (9th March 2017)
- Daily temporary licence from the Murcian Golf Federation
- Professional prize fund of €20,000 (based on 20 teams competing)
Not included in the participation fee:
- Flights / other means of transport and transfers
- Dinner on 2 nights (07th & 08th March). Enjoy a 2-course dinner at a choice of resort restaurants for just €28 per person per night (drinks not included) by booking half-board at the same time as tournament entry.
- Any other extras on resort
- • There is no Pro-Am participation fee for each participating professional with a team of 3 amateurs. Complimentary accommodation in a twin-share room (no extras) is offered to each participating professional for 4 nights on a bed & breakfast basis at Hotel La Manga Club Príncipe Felipe.
- Accompanying person fee applies to spouse/partner of each participating professional.
* Non-playing partner fee: Includes accommodation (shared room with an amateur golfer) and participation in 2 social events.
Terms & Conditions
- Final deadline for entries is 28th February 2017.
- Entries will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Places are limited to 30 teams.
- A team entry is considered valid only after full payment of the amateurs’ Pro-Am participation fees. (Please see entry form for Payment Terms)
- Amateurs are required to provide their handicap on the entry form and will be asked to present their handicap certificate at the event registration desk.
- All prize winners will be required to provide current proof of handicap before their team is presented with their prizes.
- For those players who possess an “EGA/USGA” related handicap, the slope system will apply to the tournament and each amateur will play from the applicable handicap. Those players whose handicap is not related to the “slope” system (CONGU) should provide their exact current handicap at their home club and this will be readjusted according to the calculation provided by the EGA to suit a “sloped” golf course.
- For more information about participation – registration details please visit lamangaclub.com/proam
- For any participation inquires please contact the 4th La Manga Club Pro-Am Event Organiser, Maria-José Blanco at firstname.lastname@example.org or +34 968 33 1234.
Please download the below Registration Form and complete in CAPITAL LETTERS and tick where appropriate. Then please scan and e-mail to the Event Organiser at email@example.com.